MARUF PhD Showcase aims to give PhD candidates a ground for verbally
presenting their PhD projects in English within less than three minutes.
PhD Showcase session will be held on 2 October, 2019, Wednesday between 09:00 - 10:30 in room Beylerbeyi 1.
Successful submissions are listed below:
|Name||Surname||University||Department / Program||Title of Thesis|
|Adem||Sakarya||Yıldız Technical University||Urban and Regional Planning||Analyzing the Eastern Marmara Automotive Cluster from the Perspective of Evolutionary Economic Geography|
|Christina||Velentza||Koç University/Democritus University of Greece||Law||The Interpretation of Geneva Convention by Greece and Turkey After the Syrian Refugee Crisis|
|Deniz||Erdem Okumus||Istanbul Technical University||Urban and Regional Planning||Computational Design Approaches for Urban Heat Island Mitigation|
|Duygu||Demirol Duyar||Sakarya University||Political Science and Public Administration||The Role of Network Governance in Urban Policymaking: The Case of İstanbul|
|Elif Simge||Fettahoğlu Özgen||Istanbul Technical University/Munich Technical University||Architectural Design PhD Program||Airports as Interscalar Hybrid Grounds Between Landscape, Infrastructure and Architecture: The Case of Istanbul Airport|
|Emin Yahya||Menteşe||Istanbul Technical University||Urban and Regional Planning||Modelling the Relation Between Ecological Sustainability and Land Use Plans Using GIS Techniques|
|Gülce||Kırdar||Istanbul Technic University||Architectural Design Computing||Integrated Approach For Smart Management Of Liveable And Vibrant Cultural Environment|
|Huriye Perim||Temizöz||Istanbul Technical University||Meteorology||Investigation Urbanization Effects of Urban and Rural Areas Over Istanbul With Cosmo-Clm And Terra-Urb Climate Models|
|İrfan||Özacit||Hacettepe University||Political Science and Public Administration / Public Administration||An Evaluation on Urban Transformation Practices in Metropolitan Areas in Turkey|
|Lima||Najjar||Istanbul Technical University||Landscape Architecture||Utilizing Projection Mapping at Urbanscapes for the Revitalization of Under-Valued Public Open Spaces|
|Mustafa||Gül||Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University||City and Regional Planning / Urbanism||Assessment of Solidarity-Based Creativity Potential in Small and Medium-Sized Cities: The Case of Sinop|
|Nezih Onur||Kuru||Koç University||Political Science and International Relations||Intergroup Relations between Syrians and Host Communities in the Urban Periphery: A Comparative Study on Esenyurt and Sultanbeyli Cases|
|Rumeysa||Ceylan||Yildiz Technical University||Urban Planning||Becoming A Smart Community through Energy Efficient Urban Lifestyles|
|Sezen||Kayhan||Koç University||Design, Technology and Society||Screen Production and Exhibition in Istanbul under Urban Transformation|
|Ummugulsum||Alyuz||Istanbul Technical University||Climate and Sea Science||Quantification of the Impact of Uncertainty in Emissions on Air Quality Model Estimates|
|Yahya||Aydın||University of Southampton||Sociology||Location Matters. The Role of Belonging and Place-Making among Owner-Occupiers, Tenants, Landlords and Second Homeowners in a Neoliberal Waterfront Area: The Case of Ocean Village, Southampton|
PhD projects address at least one of the following forum themes:
- City Networks
- Environment and Climate Change
- Housing and Built Environment
- Local Development
- Public Space
- Social Inclusion
- Transport and Mobility
- Urban Infrastructure
- Urban Technologies and Innovation
Rules of the PhD Showcase
- The language of presentation is English.
- A maximum of three minutes is the time limit and exceeding the limit will result in disqualification.
- Slide transitions, animations, or ‘movement’ are not allowed; only a single-static PowerPoint slide is permitted.
- Presentations must be given orally.
- Such additional props as laser pointers, costumes, musical instruments, notes, cue cards, sound and video files are not allowed.
- The jury starts the time when competitors commence their presentations either through gesture or speech.
Assessment and Awarding
- The panel of judges will be comprised of academics, local managers and mayors and audience.
- Successful presentations will be determined by the votes of the jury and audience and the winner will be announced immediately afterwards.
- An award of $500 will be granted to the winner.